The practical components of attaining a DTP Pregnancy Fitness Teacher Certification are available on our private YouTube channel. Those who successfully complete the teacher Study Course & Exam will receive the Basic Practicum Workbook as a PDF and be placed on the approved list for accessing the online video practicum on the private channel.
Completing the Online Video Practicum
The Practicum is accomplished by reading the written material provided in the PDF, viewing video segments as indicated in the written material, and completing projects outlined on worksheets in the written material. The online video practicum requires approximately 4.5 hours to finish. It is self-paced, so you can stop at any point, save, and return to your work later to complete the Practicum.
Fitness Components Offered in the Video Practicum:
- Mind/Body – Neutral Posture, Breathing, Centering
- Centering before moving – why do some postures work?
- Poses/positions from yoga, dance, pilates, etc.; breathing techniques; mental focus/imagery
- Relaxation — how and why it works
- Cardio — The biggest bang for your buck
- Exercise research tells us this is where the results are
- Analyzing music and doing choreography that is aerobic
- Be prepared to be creative!!
- Strength, Flexibility & Special Exercises
- Kegels, Abs, Squats and other basics
- What else works
PRACTICUM REGISTRATION PROCEDURE:
If you register as an individual for the Practicum at the same time as the Study Course, there is no charge for the Practicum.
For those certified prior to the online Practicum and using the new Practicum for renewal: $45 per person; first time renewal is $35.
1. Contact via email: email@example.com or call 203–481-2200 for more information and to request a registration form.
2. Select appropriate fee and pay via PayPal (below) for the Practicum. Or, return the registration form we send to you, with a check via regular mail.
For more information or if you are interested in hosting a Practicum at your location, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203–481-2200. Best days & times to call: M-W-F 10 a.m. — 3 p.m. (Eastern U.S. time).