- Pregnancy & Mom-Baby Fitness, Childbirth Education & Newborn Care at Yale on this page.
- Find a class or trainer in other U.S. and global locations here.
- Find Exercise Tips for Pregnancy and Postpartum.
- Gift Certificates for Yale locations here.
Registration Classes at Yale are also open to all in the surrounding communities. Checkout via PayPal with a PayPal account or major credit card. PayPal receipt at registration. DTP emails confirmation and materials within 2–3 days at your PayPal associated email. Please check this email and notify DTP if you do not hear from us within a week of registration. Thank you.
» Childbirth Education @ Yale Health Center «
Birth preparation for moms-to-be and spouse/partner/labor support. First Floor Conference Center, 55 Lock Street, New Haven. Suggested for 7th — 8th month of pregnancy. Register a month or two prior. Includes: Stages of Labor & Birth, Comfort Measures and Birth Skills (breathing, relaxation, focus, massage, positions & movement, pushing skills), Pain Management Options and Medical Procedures. Information on Hospital Tour provided when you register. Fee: $99 per couple.
- Three-class Series: Three consecutive Wednesdays 6:30 — 8:30 p.m. Hospital Tour separate at location where you will give birth. Upcoming series dates: • June 6,13,20 (6/6–20)
- One-day classes: Saturdays, 10 a.m. — 3:30 p.m. Hospital Tour separate at location where you will give birth. Upcoming classes: • [April 21 closed; full ] • [May 12 closed; full ] • June 2 (6/2) • June 30 (6/30)
- Classes for July — September will be listed in May.
» Newborn Care @ Yale Health Center «
All the basics from the moment of birth through the first few months: Newborn appearance and procedures; feeding and sleeping patterns, practice diapering and burping; swaddling and comforting newborns; when to call the Pediatrician; newborn breathing, fever, and other safety matters. Two hours Wednesday evening or Saturday morning. For both parents. First floor Conference Center. $35 per couple.
- Saturdays 10 a.m. — noon • [April 28 closed; full ] • June 9 (6/9)
- Wednesdays 6:30 — 8:30 p.m. • May 9 (5/9 NEW) • [May 16 closed; full ]• June 27 (6/27)
» Total Pregnancy Fitness «
Each one hour class includes fun low impact aerobic dancing and deep breathing, centering, relaxation, targeted strength training, as well as yoga-based positions and movements for labor and birth.. Time-tested, effective program with excellent research outcomes. Begin after first or second prenatal care appointment. Continuous ongoing enrollment. Unlimited — 1 month $70. 2 months $130. 3 months $170. Drop in: $15. Students w/ID $50/month. [Yale Gym classes: register at gym — details below]
- New Haven
- Mondays & Wednesdays 5:30 — 6:30 p.m. First floor Conference Center, Yale Health Center, 55 Lock St. Mondays & Wednesdays: Ongoing classes, enroll at any time. Register with PayPal button below.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays Noon — 1:00 p.m. Yale Gym, 70 Tower Pkwy. Spring session ends April 26. May classes at Yale Health Center only (see above). Summer session June & July. To register, contact Sarah Flashman. For May session, register with PayPal button. Gym members can also register at the Yale Gym site.
- These classes are open to the entire surrounding community.
- If you are interested in taking the gym class, email certified instructor Sarah Flashman (photo, right, with son Ben) with your name, due date, and the date you want to take your first class free.
- For additional locations, including other states and around the world, GO to Find-A-Class.
» Mom-Baby Fitness <
Combines cardio, core recovery, re-alignment, strength training, mom-baby exercises and games. Bring: baby, stroller, blanket, baby items as needed, carrier if desired. Water and sneakers for you. Do not worry if you are late or early…timing with babies is not always precise!! First class free. Registration at class or with information below. Non gym-member rates: 1 month $70; 2 months $130; 3 months $155. Gym members receive discount.
- New Haven classes: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:30 -11:30 a.m. Yale Gym, 70 Tower Pkwy. Spring session ends April 26. May session off campus. Summer session June — July. To register for this class, contact Sarah Flashman. Gym members can also register for summer session at Yale Gym site. Anyone may register at the class, as well.
- First class is free and you can register at class.
- If you would like to begin this class, contact Sarah Flashman.
- Gym members can register online (link above) or at class.
Fitness Gift Certificates for your favorite mom or mom-to-be here.
» If you prefer to pay by check or cash, or in person with cash at a fitness class«
- contact email@example.com
» Parking Information for Yale «
- at Yale Health: The parking garage is free for the first 1.5 hours, late evening, and on weekends.
- at the Yale Gym: Free parking for 2 hours behind the gym on Lake Place. Metered parking in front of the gym ($1.50/hour)
» Additional Resources for Pregnancy Fitness & Exercise «
Our classes include evidence-based practices for healthy moms and babies. DTP supports scientific research to improve maternal and infant health. Our faculty of Health Care Practitioners, Fitness Professionals and Master Teachers continually update and improve our programs to make them relevant to each new generation of moms! We are also available for private classes and personal training.
- To find additional fitness classes, please search our U.S. and International directories at: Find-a-Class.
- Also, take a look at DTP on TV video on YouTube.
Childbirth Education Curriculum:
|Session 1 Labor + Birth Overview and Early Labor
Session 2 Active Labor, Transition and Natural Birth
|Session 3 Medical Procedures
Hospital Tour (sign up for tour of your choice — information provided when you register)
- Certified Childbirth Educators: Ann F. Cowlin, MA, CSM, CCE and Jill Garofalo, RN, CCE
- Pre-approved Scholarship registration. Only for those who have been given a scholarship.
New Fitness Locations:
For additional fitness locations GO to Find-A-Class.
» Some Feedback from our Moms «
- “Thank you for taking me through the center of this amazing experience.” — SC
- “We are still meeting up! We made wonderful friends in pre/postnatal fitness.” — DK