Renew Your DTP Pregnancy Fitness Teacher Certification: The “perks” of renewal include.…
- continuing education
- maintaining professional credibility and practices
- updated listing on DTP’s “Take a Class” page, which can include your: name, location, phone, e-mail (whatever contact information you’d like the listing to include.)
- a link to your website, if you have one
- referrals for special projects in your area from the DTP consulting office
- DTP Newsletter, featuring research updates, news for instructors, exercise tips, and more
- DTP’s Teacher Forum (online Google+ group, of which, you do not need to have a Google or Gmail account to join the online Teachers Forum).
The Dancing Thru Pregnancy website has achieved sustaining and increasing traffic; averaging over 45,000 hits per month. Furthermore, visitors spend longer on our site than the internet average, look at 4.5 pages on average, per visit. Our Take-a-Class and Find-a-Class-or-Trainer are frequently visited pages. So, please make sure that your classes and location are listed correctly on our Find-a-Class-or-Trainer page.
Renewal Procedures: DTP Certified Instructors should renew their certification every 2 years by December 15 – in even years if you initially got certified in an even year; in odd years if you initially got certified in an odd year. You may renew at any time during the year and should do so now if you have not gotten a renewal in the last 2 years.
Steps to Get Your Renewal:
- Pay the fee to DTP. You may pay via PayPal using PayPal account or credit card. Select your method in the drop down menu.
- or Renew by check, made out to: Dancing Thru Pregnancy, Box 3083 Stony Creek, Branford, CT 06405. Then, please send an email to email@example.com and note whether you are using Method #1 or #2 for your renewal, and if this is your first renewal.
*Once payment is received, if you choose the video, DTP will email instructions and materials to you.
Method #1: Video
If certified prior to July 2014, the online Practicum may be used for renewal — but only one time. Register via PayPal (above), by phone, through the mail, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Method #2: CEUs
8 contact hours or 0.8 CEUs on a related topic or topics (examples: nutrition for women, another pre/postnatal certification, childbirth education certification, public health, core body strength, etc.)
From a credible continuing education provider or a college/university course
Email document or pdf copies of CEU certificates to email@example.com or mail hardcopies to Dancing Thru Pregnancy, Box 3083, Stony Creek, CT 06405–1683.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 203–481‑2200.
New Teacher Item! Order your DTP — Total Pregnancy Fitness Certified Pre/postnatal Fitness Instructor T-shirt today! Only available for DTP certified instructors! Let people know you are a qualified professional in pre/postnatal fitness. Cost: $25 plus $5 shipping. Short sleeve, ringer t-shirt (white with dark blue trim.) Sizes: S, M, L, XL (they run a little small, so consider ordering the next size up.)